PGD Halal Standards and Management System
The word ‘Halal’ is an Arabic word that means permissible or lawful, and Muslims are strongly motivated by their religious convictions to consume Halal food. Muslim consumers are projected to spend more than US$ 2.6 trillion by the end of 2020 on Halal and non-Halal food and lifestyle products and services, which creates significant business opportunities for individuals and companies. This one year Post Graduate Diploma in Halal Standards and Management System (PGD-HSMS) is online course for students and professionals at Minhaj University Lahore which provides advanced level of understanding about Halal Audits, Halal Certification, Halal Standards, Requirements of Shariah in the global Halal Industry, Halal Food Safety Management, and Fundamentals of Halal Economy and practical knowledge which is necessary to excel in rapidly growing Halal Industry.
Why Study Post Graduate Diploma in Halal Standards and Management System?
- Enhance your practical knowledge about Halal Certification and Its Requirements
- Explore opportunity to learn how to conduct Halal inspection Audits
- Learn about various global Halal Food Standards (PSQCA, JYKIM, GAC, OIC/SMIIC)
- Demonstrate your expertise in Halal Food Safety Management, Halal and HACCP
- Obtain extensive researched Shariah knowledge regarding Halal Food and Its implication in the Halal Food Industry
- Understand trillion dollars Economy, the growth of Islamic Economics through Halal Industry (Halal Banking, Halal Food, Halal Cosmetics, Halal Pharmaceuticals, Muslim Friendly Halal Tourism, Halal Modest Fashion, Islamic Ethics and Halal Media)
- Become Halal Lead Auditor, Halal Controller or simply Halal Quality Assurance official with this new credential
- Obtain PGD degree in Halal from HEC recognized and chartered University, first time in Pakistan
What We Offer?
This program is meticulously structured with theory and practical exposure of industry to award a recognized university degree for PGD to graduates who wish to explore career opportunities in the growing Halal industry and to professionals already working in the food and non-food industry who seek to gain access to the most relevant, contemporary and practical knowledge available so that they may become widely recognized as outstanding professionals in their fields. This course is equally suitable to the pursuit of higher degree studies in the Halal industry. The course assumes no previous knowledge of the Halal industry.
Who Should Attend?
- Professionals and students/researchers of following industry:
- Food Manufacturing
- Poultry & Livestock
- Slaughtering and Meat Processing
- Packaging and Logistics
- Chemicals Manufacturing
- Scientific and Industrial Research for Food
- Logistics and Supply Chain
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Personal Care and Cosmetics
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Fashion Designing (Modest Fashion)
- Media and Recreation (Islamic Media)
- Shariah Scholars
- Independent Learners/Trainers and Consultants of Halal Industry
All those candidates who have already completed 16 years of education in any discipline (MA/MSc/MS or Dars-e-Nizami achievement equivalent to Masters, the Shahadat-ul-Aalmia) can enroll for this Postgraduates Diploma
OUTLINE OF THE MODULES AND SUBJECTS
Total duration of this Postgraduate Diploma in Halal Standards and Management System will be of One year (2 semesters) and it will consist 09 Modules. It is online course with theoretical and practical knowledge. Class of this PGD will be held on weekend days (Saturday and Sunday). Each of the following module has 03 credit hours.
Following Modules shall be taught by expert trainers of Industry
HEP 1 – FUNDAMENTALS OF HALAL AND HARAM IN ISLAM
HEP 2 – GLOBAL HALAL STANDARDS AND HALAL CERTIFICATION PROCESS
HEP 3 – AUDITING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (HALAL AUDITS BASED ON ISO 19011:2018)
HEP 4 – INTRODUCTION OF FOOD UNIT OPERATIONS
HEP 5 – HALAL INGREDIENTS IN FOOD PROCESSING
HEP 6 – HALAL FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
HEP 7 – GLOBAL HALAL ECONOMY
HEP 8 – SHARIAH LAWS IN HALAL FOOD INDUSTRY
HEP 9 – SHARIAH LAWS IN HALAL NON FOOD INDUSTRY
HEP 10 – PRACTICAL WORKSHOP (EXPOSURE IN HALAL INDUSTRY)
01 Year (2 semesters)
Last Date to Apply:
19th February 2022
PGD Fee Schedule:
|Admission Fee||1st Semester||2nd Semester||Total Fee|
|PKR 10000||PKR 30000||PKR 30000||PKR 70000|
- There is 50% discount on actual Tuition fee of One year PGD program. Overall fee reduced to PKR 30000 per semester which was PKR 60000.